In early May, South Korea’s Joint Chiefs of Staff said that they had taken action after multiple gunshots were fired from North Korea, hitting Seoul’s guard post inside the Korean Demilitarized Zone (DMZ).

In a press release on Tuesday, the United Nations Command (UNC) said that their investigation “was unable to definitively determine if the [North Korea’s] four rounds were fired intentionally or by mistake” during an incident that took place across the Korean Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) earlier this month.

The UNC added that North Korea had admitted receiving a request for the shooting-related information but had not given a formal response yet.



Read more…