1 Which of the following supplements has been shown to alleviate cytokine storms and acute lung injury, making it a potential adjunct to other COVID-19 treatments?
- St. John’s wort
Studies have shown astaxanthin alleviates cytokine storm, acute lung injury, acute respiratory syndrome and sepsis, all of which are common in cases of serious COVID-19 infection. As such, researchers suggest it may be a beneficial adjunct to other COVID-19 treatments. Learn more.
2 The Biological Weapons Anti-Terrorism Act of 1989:
- Only provides general guidelines for the safe use of biological agents that could be used as bioweapons
- Specifies which pathogens are considered bioweapons
- Calls for fines and/or up to life in prison for anyone involved in the creation of a bioweapon
The Biological Weapons Anti-Terrorism Act of 1989 calls for fines and/or up to life in prison for anyone involved in the creation of a bioweapon. Learn more.
- Calls for cease and desist letters to be sent to anyone found to be involved in the creation of a bioweapon
3 Which of the following are funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation?
- World Health Organization
- Gavi, The Vaccine Alliance
- GSMA Inclusive Tech Lab
- All of the above
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation funds the World Health Organization; Gavi, The Vaccine Alliance; and GSMA Inclusive Tech Lab, the aim of which is to promote access to digital and biometric identity services and systems. Learn more.
4 Why are privacy protections so important?
- They protect people from interference, intervention and manipulation
Privacy protects people from interference, intervention and manipulation, and must therefore be protected at all costs. Learn more.
- They protect people from unnecessary advertising of things they don’t need
- They save people time and money by ensuring only relevant information gets through, based on personal preferences
- There’s no valid reason to protect privacy unless you’re doing something illegal
5 Which of the following is currently being studied as a COVID-19 treatment by NYU Langone Health?
- Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy
NYU Langone Health is recruiting 40 COVID-19 patients for a study using hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT). Opelousas General Hospital in Louisiana is already using HBOT for all COVID-19 patients with oxygen-resistant hypoxemia. Learn more.
- Fish oil and vitamin D supplementation
6 Which of the following will raise your ketone level?
- Taking ketone esters
- Time-restricted eating
- Drinking one to two small cups of black coffee
- All of the above
You can raise your ketones by taking ketone esters, or naturally by implementing time-restricted eating, fasting and/or going on a very low-carb, high-fat, moderate protein diet. Drinking two small cups of black coffee can also double your ketone level. Learn more.