1 Which of the following nutrients has been shown to significantly improve insulin sensitivity in Type 2 diabetics?
- Vitamin C
Type 2 diabetes is a common pathology associated with magnesium deficiency. In one study, diabetics who took 250 milligrams of magnesium per day for three months improved their insulin sensitivity by 28%; the placebo group’s insulin sensitivity worsened by 39%. Learn more.
2 Which of the following statements is accurate?
- The CDC has accepted millions of dollars from private corporations since 1995
The CDC has long fostered the perception of independence by stating it does not accept funding from special interests. In reality, it receives millions of dollars each year from commercial interests through its government-charted foundation. Since its inception in 1995, the CDC Foundation has accepted $161 million from private corporations, which is then funneled to the CDC. Learn more.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention does not accept funding from commercial interests
- The CDC is funded solely by commercial interests
- The CDC is fully funded by U.S. taxpayers
3 Which of the following toxic heavy metals is deposited in your body when you do high-contrast MRIs?
Gadolinium, a toxic heavy metal, is commonly used in high-contrast MRI studies. To reduce its toxicity, the gadolinium is administered with a chelating agent. Research suggests as much as 25% of the gadolinium injected is not excreted, and deposits are still found in some patients long afterward. Learn more.
4 Which of the following shows promise for the prevention and treatment of dementia, including Alzheimer’s disease?
- Vitamin C
Probiotics have been shown to help improve cognitive function and ward off dementia, including Alzheimer’s. Learn more.
- Saw Palmetto
5 Which of the following statements accurately describes the primary difference between Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes?
- Type 2 diabetics produce little or no insulin while Type 1 diabetics are insulin resistant but still produce insulin
- Type 2 diabetes is irreversible, while Type 1 is reversible
- Type 2 diabetes is caused by an autoimmune disorder that destroys the pancreatic cells that produce insulin, while Type 1 diabetes is diet derived
- Type 1 diabetics produce little or no insulin while Type 2 diabetics are insulin resistant but still produce insulin
Type 1 diabetics require a steady supply of insulin for their daily survival, as their bodies produce little or no insulin at all. While Type 2 diabetes is rooted in insulin resistance and faulty leptin signaling, caused by a high-sugar diet, Type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune disease in which your immune system attacks and destroys the pancreatic cells that produce insulin. Learn more.
6 Which country does Patagonia currently source its hemp from?
Patagonia sources its hemp from China. Learn more.
7 Which of the following is an underutilized yet strongly indicated treatment for diabetic neuropathy?
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy
While hyperbaric oxygen therapy can speed healing of any inflammatory condition, in the U.S., there are only 14 conditions for which insurance will pay, one of which is diabetic neuropathy. Learn more.
- High-intensity exercise
- Counterpulsation therapy